Driver for Micah Foodbank
Salary £8.84 per hour
Free on-site parking, contributory pension scheme
35 hours per week (including some evening and weekend work as required)
The main purpose of this role is to provide an efficient and reliable delivery and stores service to the Micah Foodbank. The role involves maintaining the food storage site, collecting donations from across the city and ensuring the prompt delivery of food to Micah Pantries.
Key responsibilities include –
• Ensuring the prompt collection and delivery of all donations to Micah food bank
• Providing call out cover on a rota basis during evenings, weekends and bank holidays, as required
• Maintaining food stores, ensuring food is stored in a safe and hygienic manner
• Supporting volunteers at food banks
• Ensuring any issues or faults arising on vehicles are reported
• Providing general assistance as requested, with for example the movement of various items of equipment
• To provide cover for the stores as required
The ideal candidate will have –
• A full, clean driving license
• Must be 25+ for insurance purposes
• Possess good communication skills and an ability to prioritise tasks
• Be physically fit and happy to work alone and unsupervised
Closing date: 11th March 2019
Interviews: 14th March 2019
If you are interested in applying for this role please review the job description and complete the attached application form and return it to:
St James’ House,
20 St James’ Road
Liverpool L1 7AZ
Or email to email@example.com
Micah Liverpool is a social justice charity that has been set up by Liverpool Cathedral, Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King and St Brides church to relieve Liverpool residents from social injustice and poverty. We are currently running projects to combat unemployment and deliver emergency food aid and affordable food.
Micah Liverpool aims to achieve justice, fairness and wellbeing for Liverpool residents by working in partnership with Liverpool Cathedral and Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King, as well as our vital employer partners and local churches; St Brides and St Vincents.
This recruitment is being managed by Liverpool Cathedral and we would ask agencies to refrain from contacting us.